Friday, November 11, 2005

God's Gifts

November 11, 2005
While ordering ministry materials online today for work, I stumbled upon an online devotional in which a woman relates the journey of adopting her baby son from Korea. She writes that God had placed the desired upon her heart when she was 5-years-old to adopt from Korea. Years, later, her dream was finally fulfilled. It was encouraging to read how God worked miracles throughout the entire adoption process.

Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord [Roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; Trust [lean on, rely on, and be confident] also in Him and He will bring it to pass. (Psalm 37:4-5, AMP)


"God places the divine desire for His gifts within our heart with a promise that the desire will come to pass in His will and way. The desires of the heart integrate with the process of our growth in life. The process is not about attaining the gift but receiving the gift from the God. Part of this process is the discovery of how to keep the focus off the desire and upon the delight of the Lord. It isn't always easy. In reality, seeking God first is a lifetime process. In Him, we commit our way through each and every day. Matthew 6 reminds us that we are to seek Him first and all other things will be added on. It is a discipline to seek Him first believing that He is sufficient for all that we face and desire in life. There are times that the desires of our heart are magnified beyond any other desire. As this occurs we come to a point that we must choose to push through the desire; seeking Him first, trusting, leaning on, relying on and putting our confidence back in the Lord. Delight, commit, and trust are gifts to be continually received in the spiritual journey.

Heavenly Father, I delight in YOU. YOU are King of kings and Lord of Lords. YOU are sovereign and in control. I thank YOU for the desires that you plant in my heart. I delight in the fact that YOU have a plan and a purpose to use the desire. I commit my way to YOUR way. My life is in YOUR hands. I trust YOU regardless of my visible circumstances. YOU promise to never leave me, nor fail me, but to always be with me. Thank YOU Lord. I love YOU Lord. In YOUR name, Amen.

Receive the gift of delighting in the Lord today. Receive the gift of committing in the Lord today. Receive the gift of trusting in the Lord today. Experience the gift of divine delight, commitment and trust. The Gift goes on..."

( Kerrie L. Palmer) Click Here to Read the Complete Devotional Series

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home