Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Drippy Dishgloves

December 13, 2005
Yesterday, I (Calvin) was hurrying to finish washing the dishes when there came a loud knock on the door. I opened the door and found the UPS delivery guy with a huge box. "Hello, I need you to sign for your package, please." But then he hesitated and looked at my hands. Looking down, I realized why. My bright yellow latex dish gloves were dripping water, making a puddle at my feet.
"Uh, let me take these off."
The UPS guy nodded.
After I signed for the box and the UPS guy- I wonder what his name is? - drove off, I lugged the box inside and discovered that my sweet, beautiful, mother-in-law had bought us a stroller! Thanks, Mom!

I do feel a little sorry for the UPS guy. At that time of the day he was probably expecting a dutiful housewife with cleaning gloves on. I'm sure he was taken back by my powerful physique and aurora of kingly authority as I stood there in my drippy dishgloves. :) Well, I'm sure he has seen it all.

I think I'll take the Maclaren stroller out for a test drive and see what this baby can do.

Today, we recieved a can of formula in the mail! Who says there's no such thing as a free lunch?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kacey said...

Only a man firm in his masculinity can stand in kingly authority while wearing drippy dishgloves. I love you, Calvin!

Tue Dec 27, 10:08:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home