Tuesday, February 14, 2006

God's Valentines

February 14, 2006
Isn't it nice when God sends those little "valentines," letting you know that He cares?

This "waiting time" is tough, especially when so many people around us seem bored or discouraged with our adoption journey. I think they expected it to happen faster, and to be more "exciting" or something. Meanwhile, we are surrounded by families in our church who are pregnant. Since this is so visible, it is obviously more exciting than our Expectant Wait right now. People don't want to stop and hear how we're doing... it's much more fun to go pat a pregnant belly!

But God knows. And He sent me "valentines" just because. On Sunday, He sent a little 6-year-old boy to sit with me at church. I was sitting in a pew all by myself (while Calvin was in Worship Team), and little Kaelen came up during the service, and snuggled up in my arms! It was so fun to share his joy in the music!

Then, yesterday at work, a single mom came in to the office carrying her adorable 17-month-old girl. She set her daughter down to run around for a minute, and she immediately came running to me for a hug! What a sweetie! She snuggled up in my arms, and gave me a huge smile. She's only been walking for a few months now, and I was one of the first people she walked to! It's so special that she still loves to run to me.

Several days ago, Calvin was able to take this little girl's big brother (age 9) to the community pool. Stephen was thrilled to spend the evening with him, and apparently spent the day talking of nothing else! (He even chose his special "Hawaiian" print swimming outfit to wear for the "special occasion!") Stephen had a blast munching on Life Saver candies in the car, talking about Star Wars movies, and showing off his new swimming skills. (He's in swimming lessons right now.)

These kids may not know it, but they're blessings. Their parents are greatful that we love to babysit, and spend time with their kids. But I don't think they fully understand what it means to us to hold a tiny little hand, share a giggle, and join in a smile.

To top things off, I was awakened this morning not only with a beautiful rose and breakfast in bed... but snow falling outside the window! We haven't had snow since Jan. 2004, so this was such a special surprise. I really missed having snow this year, and it made the morning all sparkly and magical! Thanks, God, for your Valentines!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home