Thursday, March 02, 2006

What Is God Doing?

March 1, 2006
Do you ever have to just stop and look at your life, and laugh? Right now, I just have to laugh, and wonder, "What is God doing?" What will my life look like in the next... month? year?

I've gradually been recieving information that my job will most likely be changing... or eliminated. What does that mean for our life? For the adoption? Is this change actually for the better - albeit a bit unnerving? Or does this mean addtional struggles? The fact that I have actually received this information is a blessing. God used a man of integrity in our church to take a stand, and to go against the flow. This man decided that he could no longer withold this information from me with a clear conscience, and he talked with me this evening. Thank you, God, for this help. Now, what does it mean? (Keep praying!)

We have certainly embraced a life of adventure when we let God lead us! I can't see around the corner, but I know He can. This journey of adoption seems like it has gone on forever... and yet it's actually not that long.

I spoke with a friend today, who is in the process of developing a home daycare (but won't be opening for another few months). She found out the other day that she is approved to watch 3 children already, and is signed up for another class this month. I'm hoping we won't need to use daycare, but if we do, we've already decided to go with her. She said she would plan on trying to "save us a spot!" We don't have any grandmas/family in the area to babysit, so this is a big blessing! Plus, our church youth group right now is mainly a group of "troubled teens-" not exactly "babysitter material" yet. Arranging daycare is difficult when adopting. For most daycares, you need to "reserve a spot" for your child ahead of time. But with adopting, you have very little idea of when your child will be arriving... and thus needing care! Thanks, God, for taking care of these little details!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home