Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Let's Just Skip the Skin Test Next Time...

July 26, 2005
Today, I (Calvin) finally got official word that I don't have TB. Duh. It all started when I went to my doctor with the request that he do a physical for Bethany. All went well until I had to take the TB skin test. Remember how Michele's test barely showed a visible bump, how they practically had to pull out a microscope to see it? Well, I think I won the size-of-the-bump contest. I think I saw a little bug get a nosebleed from the altitude as he scaled my TB bump.

I have a history of getting false positives when I've received TB bumps in the past. Therefore, I was not in the least worried. At least, not until the doc mentioned drugs and the possiblity of the County Health Dept. getting involved.

So I scurried into the X-ray lab that afternoon to get my chest X-ray. Long story short, two weeks and another X-ray later (because they didn't get the apex of the lungs the first time) I get a small piece of paper in the mail saying I don't have TB. Good thing. If I did, I would probably have developed a debilitating cough, spreading TB gremlins far and wide. Whew, I'm sure glad the medical community was there for me!

Yeah, it was test of patience. And also a lesson that though things don't always go smoothly and quickly in God's plan, it's still His perfect plan. I just love Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home