Friday, May 12, 2006

Mommy Practice

May 12, 2006
Since we'll be camping for the weekend, this morning I was awakened by "breakfast in bed" for Mother's Day... however, it was served in a bit unexpected manner! I think I got some "mommy practice," as I opened my eyes to cranberry juice pouring down onto our bed, with Calvin standing there, holding a tray. He felt so badly about accidently spilling our breakfast, but we are able to laugh about it now!

So, while he cleaned up the carpet (from a juice trail he left while heading back to the kitchen!), I tossed the *ivory-colored* sheets in the washer, with a generous dose of stain-removing Shout, and bundled up the embroidered comforter to take to the dry cleaner's today. And, yes, I can appreciate that I was able to do this without a juice-covered, sticky-handed kid "helping" me! :) (Otherwise, our first step would have been the bathtub!) {hehehe}

Afterward, I ate my cold, but much appreciated, breakfast of homemade strawberry blintzes at the kitchen table. Then, I packed up stuff for our camping trip, and got ready for work.

When I arrived at work, I was greeted by a trail of Saltine cracker crumbs and a spoon sticking out of the heater vent in my office from yesterday. It brought a smile to my face, as I remembered the previous day's hilarity. I had a busy, 4-year-old boy (isn't that an oxymoron?) spend 5 hours with me in my office yesterday, while his mom was volunteering upstairs. He had fun trying out all my pens and pencils, telling me all about the girl he likes at preschool, pressing buttons on the copy machine, pretending a mailing tube was a "sword," and helping throw away garbage. I spent the day untangling him from kite string, keeping him away from the much-desired paper-cutter, wiping up ice cream, dodging bouncing balls and the errant fly-swatter... and getting some work done in between. I was exhausted when I got home... but I loved my day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got a great hubby! Happy Mother's Day to the soon to be mom!

Sat May 13, 04:31:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home