Monday, April 24, 2006

A Unique Job Application

April 24, 2006
I met with a lady from our church/Bible study, who has been an amazing business professional in our community for decades. A few weeks ago, I had heard that she was seeking an assistant, and so I asked her if I could apply for the job. She immediately shouted, "Oh, Praise the Lord!" and gave me a huge hug! Apparently, I am an answer to her prayers. Now, that is the most unique job application process I have ever been through... and the "interview" was even better.

This morning I tried on different outfits, and blow-dried my hair, trying to find the perfect "job interview" outfit. But once I arrived at the office, it was the most comfortable "interview" I've ever had. I'm pretty sure that she looked right past what I was wearing. She laid her heart out on the table, and spoke to me as a friend. She honestly shared with me about her struggles in her prayer life, of her dreams for the future and her family.

As she spoke about the duties the position would entail, I was excited to see how God had placed identical ideas in both of our minds. At that point, I knew that I could offer her competent help in her office, and was ready to sign on board. But as she continued to share her goals, I was even more convinced. She revealed that she is actually pursuing a plan for us (yes, us!) to work from our homes. We live several blocks away from each other, but are each commuting an hour a day to our individual jobs. It might be a slow transition to transfer everything from the office, but it is definitely an answer to so many prayers, as I dream about the future.

She has a very open time-table, and basically let me suggest when I wanted to start work, and offered the exact salary I had in mind. She came up with the idea of gradually transitioning to her office, beginning in June, by doing a couple days of training in her office each week, and working part-time at my current job. (In an effort to benefit everyone.) I spoke with my current boss this morning about this gradual transition. He will present the idea to the board in a couple weeks. Please keep this board meeting in your prayers; that God's desires will prevail.

Thank you to everyone who has kept this job situation in your prayers. My employment is so intertwined with our adoption, as we seek to prepare our lives and home to bring our child home. We will be meeting with the caseworker, Roxanne, on Sunday afternoon. I plan to share with her about my employment plans, and see what she suggests we do regarding our adoption. (Please keep this in your prayers, also!) There will most likely be some paperwork to update, as we give her this information.

1 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

Hey Michele,
That's awesome!! Congrats on the job! I noticed that you have "Wild At Heart" on your list of books. Have you ever read the book by Staci Eldridge? "Captivating" such a good book. Another book I read while on vacation was "Dream Giver" by Bruce Wilkenson. It is written like a parable about persuing your dreams. Even tho it's written simply...it's great! I loved it and want to buy it for everyone I know!!
Praying.
Lisa

Thu Apr 27, 02:45:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home