Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mother's Day Gift

May 15, 2006
When I arrived back at my office on Monday morning, I discovered that my Secret Sister from church had left me a gift for Mother's Day! She included the sweetest card along with it. In her note, she said that she had prayed about what to get me. I love that!

I unwrapped it right away. It was three children's books from the local Christian bookstore! (I love books!) There was the classic, I Love You Forever, along with a book/CD set by Joni Eareckson Tada (based on a song by Steven Curtis Chapman), and a book by Max Lucado.

I'm looking forward to having a little person to read them to. I think I'll have to practice I Love You Forever a few more times! I started reading it out loud to Calvin when I got home, since he'd never read it, but I only got about halfway through before tears stopped me. (That picture of the son holding his little old mommy is a tear-jerker!)

My Secret Sister has been such an encouragement this year. She's always blessing me with notes at just the right time. Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home