Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Piece of Paper

September 7, 2006
Last night before I headed to bed, I went around the house in my pajamas, gathering up the forms we had completed for the adoption agency. As I was putting them in the envelope, I noticed the small print on the bottom of the financial form, requesting that we include a copy of the last page of our 1040 tax form! So, I dug through the files, and found the taxes (hooray!).

Thankfully, our printer can also do copies. So, I thought I was all set... until I could only find odd colors of paper... hmm... I wonder if they would mind hot pink? blue? red? No, this isn't going to work. I really need to find a piece of white paper. I had intended to buy a ream when I was at the store this afternoon, and completely forgot. My first thought was to look on my scrapbooking/craft table, thinking it would be a likely spot for paper. However, I didn't think all the cardstock I found would be appropriate, either. So, I scoured every notebook and file in the office I could find in search of a blank piece of paper. Still nothing. So, I went back to my craft table, wondering what to do next. I really didn't want to run to Wal-Mart at 10:00 pm, since I only needed ONE page! I started looking through one of my folders on the desk again, when a blank piece of paper showed up!

Isn't it exciting to see God in the small details? I celebrated, thanking God, as I slipped the piece of paper in the printer, and copied the necessary page. It reminded me of the many Bibilical accounts of people searching for what was lost (lost coins, lost sheep...). God is certainly in the business of finding things! It encourages me that God knows the greater details of where our child is, and will bring him/her home to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home